ovarian cyst with enlarged blood vessels
I have been having irregular periods for the past 2 months (I believe due to  a reaction to a epidural cortisone shot) Started bleeding in early December and still spotting today 1/12. Have had a vaginal ultrasound and the only thing the tech could say was I had a couple of cysts on the left and larger than normal blood vessels on that same ovary. I have an urgent feeling to urinate that is never resolved and no infection. What questions should I ask my doc when he calls about the test. I have had very regular cycles up till now (42 years old) and something just feels wrong.
Have you been told the size or type of cysts?  Unfortunately I don't know what the large blood vessels means.  When do you hear from your doctor on the results?  Your symptoms are very indicative of ovarian cysts.  There is some good information on the health pages (top right).  Please keep us posted.
I have been told they are ovarian cysts- but not specifics (no mention of the blood vessels in the radiology report) So I am planning to visit the doc again to ask more questions. I am mostly frustrated as I am still bleeding, having some pain, pain with sex. No fun. Thanks for the reply. I have been researching ovarian cysts heavily, and am trying to figure out what I should do next.