Ovarian Cysts Community
ovarian cyst with internal echos

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

ovarian cyst with internal echos

I had an ultrasound once in December and again in January. I have a cyst with internal echos on my right ovary.  in 2003 I had a left oophorectomy due to many cysts. I had 3 cysts removed from my right ovary since 2011.  I have dysplasia with three bouts of freezing and a biopsy, which did not take the dysplasia away. In 2011 I had a hysterectomy. they removed my uterus and cervix and left in my right ovary.  last year I had a severe kidney infection and the mri showed a small cyst on my right ovary.   I have since have had the current cyst on my right ovary since October.  I am scheduled for surgery on april 12th.  the ultrasound stated the cyst was 3.5. now it feels much larger and very bothersome...  the CA125 came back negative, but with my history of dysplasia and cysts, I am worried it could be cancer.. could this be a possibility?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
HI,
The size of the cyst is small and also the CA 125 is negative. Hence the possibility of cancer is indeed less. However histo-pathological diagnosis is the best way to rule out cancer.
Hope this helps.
Thank you!