Ovarian Cysts Community
ovarian cyst

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

ovarian cyst

I have a 4.8cm cyst on my right ovary, an the pain meds are barely working. They had me on hydrocodone, an now oxycodone. The pain is still there an the doc said that she would wait one day as to see if the oxycodone would help, if not I have to go in for surgery. I'm wondering if I should talk to them about a partial hysterectomy as my menstral is very painful (doubled over). Was just looking for opinions. I have had 1 other cyst my whole life an it was also 3.9cm. I have tried birth control..  Any suggestions on what I should do\ask????
Hello - so sorry to hear you're in pain right now. Whereabouts are you based? Im in the UK so our healthcare is dif to the US but the best thing to do is consult with your doctor - explain the pain relief isnt working and then talk through your options.

My cyst is 4.6cm (or was in march, another scan next week before op in July) but I know in the UK they usually dismiss cysts smaller than 5cm.
Im in the US. I talked to the doc an I'm basically getting the run around. I was told by 1 doc that if the pain was still severe then call her they would do a add on in surgery, well I did an next thing I know is they sent me for another ultrasound the cyst is still there an a diferent doc called and said she didn't see the need to do surgery, which is fine but I'm still in severe pain an the first doc told me they would remove it not because of the size but because of the pain it is giving me. I set a follow up apointment but have to wait the whole weekend with no pain meds or anything because they would not perscribe me any to get through the weekend with. I'm so frustrated an tired of hurting I just want it all to go away one way or another. I have had a natural birth an the pain is worse than that. ANY SUGGESTIONS on how I can get rid or lighten the pain. I have tried a heating pad, a hot tub, cold compresses, motrin after I ran out of pain meds. WHAT DO I DO?????
I suffered pain from a 3.5 cm cyst and had a hysterectomy. I consider it to be one of the worst health care decisions I have ever made. I should've taken the "watch and wait" approach instead. The cyst was benign and now my libido is high due to life- saving Vivelle estrogen patch, but orgasms are weak and frustratingly long to achieve.  If your doctor can give you lortab it may reduce that pinching feeling that comes with a cyst. Wait on the surgery and keep up with the ultrasounds to see if it decreases and try not to let it drive you crazy. Consider approaching your regular doctor instead of your gyn and perhps you will get somemore sympathy and the prescription you need