ovarian cyst...any hair thinning or breast tenderness?
Hi ladies, have any of you who have had large ovarian cysts noticed any hair thinning or breast tenderness during the time that you had the cyst, or even after it was removed? I believe that i had my cyst for about 2 months (8cm functional cyst). I had it removed 5 days ago. My hair def seems to have thinned out a bit in recent weeks, more breakage than usual. And my breasts have been sore too, almost like when you're pregnant (heavy and full feeling). Just wondered if the horomonal changes due to the cyst can cause these issues. Thanks!!
Yes, I did notice that my breasts felt fuller and heavier when I had the cyst inside me.  The discomfort does ease within 1-2 months post surgery.  I didn't have any problem with my my hair thinning out though, it just grew slower than usual.  Hope this helps you out, let me know if you have other questions.
Pregnancy symptoms like that are caused by hormones, hairloss/thinning included. Cysts can affect the ovaries mess up the hormones and surgery puts stress on your system as well even if you dont loose an ovary, so yes, it could well be related.

I had a large cyst, no hormonal issues until surgery. Now 3 months after having a cyst and one ovary removed I have issues with hairloss and what I believe is hormone related issues with period etc. Im currently trying to get to the bottom of it with blood work being done. I had no issues with breast tenderness.

I would say keep an eye on it, it will take a while for your hormones to settle down but if it is still an issue in a month or two your body might need a bit of help to settle down. Hopefully having the cyst removed solved the problem and your body just needs to adjust a bit.
Good luck
When my ovarian cysts were giving me problems, I was in A LOT of pain. I lost weight, hair, and color to my skin. My doctor said it was due to the stress caused by the pain. Good luck! I hope you feel better soon!
I am in the middle of dealing with a long standing complex cyst and one reason i did go to the Doc in the first place is because of the symptoms you speak. Pain in the lower back, bladder involvement and severe to an uncomfortable ache in my back to extremely sensitive breasts (especially in reaction to specific times of my cycle) and a BUNCH of hair loss. This has been going on for a long time. Surgery is coming up and hopefully this will help... Wish you the best, and make sure you keep on top of the doctors. It is important to learn everything you can so you know what questions to ask, and not sit back and let the doctor drive your own bus. They often, in my experience, make decisions based on their own agenda (no matter what that is and for what reason is irrelevant ) So, please do your best to get copies of all results and tape conversations and really understand and learn to work WITH your doctor. Wishing you the best.
My hair is always thin and falls out like crazy and my breasts are also hurting almost constantly.
I suspect another bubble on my right ovary might be the culprit.
3 MONTHS AFTER HAVING OVARY REMOVED I SUFFERED HAIR LOSS WHICH NEVER RECOVERED.  THREE YEARS LATER I HAVE HAD THE OTHER REMOVED - THE SURGEON SAID AS I WAS POST MENOPAUSAL THE OVARY WAS NON FUNCTIONAL - BUT ALREADY FURTHER HAIR LOSS IS TAKING PLACE AFTER ONLY 4 WEEKS.  HOW I WISH I HAD INSISTED HE ONLY DEAL WITH THE CYST.  THE OVARIES ALWAYS HAVE A FUNCTION.  HAIR IS VERY VERY THIN NOW.
Just get them to deal with the cyst.  Don't let them take the ovary as it will lead to hair loss.