Ovarian Cysts Community
ovarian cyst...infection???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

ovarian cyst...infection???

Hi,I was wondering if maybe I have an ovarian cyst. Last month and this month I have noticed thick white cm...more than what I would normally get. I then had my period and about 3 days after i finsihed, I started having a pinching, stabbing (though not really painful...it was more like bothersome) in my lower right side.  I decided to treat the white cm with an otc cream thinking a yeast infection was coming on. After a few days dh and I bd and right after I was very red and inflamed and he was also which also happened with a previous yeast infection. Today, I have noticed a light pink, red watery discharge. Anyway, Im making an appointment with the gyno to see whats going on. Maybe and infection...ovarian cyst...both???? What do you think?
Hi Hope,
     Sounds like a good time to get that GYN appt!  I had a cyst (2 benign tumors on now gone left ovary) and had no symptoms so can't say if the discharge is one of many symptoms that can come with a cyst.  However, if you are correct and it is a yeast infection (hate those!) remember, you and DH can pass it back and fourth so do tell the Dr.  Keep us posted Hope!  MV
Thanks for you response.  Today its like a very light period...watery red blood...sorry tmi. Im guessing my hormones are out of wack and its all kind of scary but Im trying not to stress over it since it could be anything from hormonal imbalance, cyst or infection.  Tomorrow I start acupuncture to help my overall reproductive health as Ive had 2 pregnancy losses and am ttc again.  Its so hard being a woman!!!!  Anyway, thanks again.  God bless
My mum is 62years,still has a monthly bleed due  to having been on HRT 12 years(there is no family history of cancer-but she has heart disease as do most of the older generation which is why she's still on it)She has a uterine prolapse for a couple of years-been fitted with a bigger&bigger ring which has caused her some discomfort.In earlier years she suffered badly with endometriosis with particular pain between end of bowel & womb & also had fibroids. Her GP changed the ring yet again a few weeks ago & said she should have a scan (not ultrasound) of her vaginal wall & cervix as the ring has caused irritations, & she put her on the strongest antibiotoics she has ever taken.She had the scan today but they did more than was 'prescribed' & poked the camera up to her ovary as they said they could 'see something' but gave her no other feedback other than to see her GP-could this be from infection or previous endometriosis? She has 'no symptoms' listed of early ovarian cancer and the pain that was triggered by the camera was in the place she's always had pain going back to her early years (I have suspected endometriosis and have pain in an identical place so I know what she means). She wasn't refered for anything other than infections from having these rings in.I know no-one can predict anything, but from what I've read, a tumour usually grows from 'grape size' to 'grapefruit' size in weeks and continues. This could have been there for years. I read something about a chocolate cyst from endo-but wouldnt this go with the endometriosis? Although she's on HRT she doesnt have the fibroids/endo any more. Eight days seems like forever, partly because I can't get to her at the moment. Just last week she had an angiogram to 'rule out' heart disease (she's had variant angina for years) only to find that actually she does have narrowing of two arteries, so she is already worried about this, having been calm about it for many years.
I have now found out that my mum has 'something' growing on the cyst (which she didnt know she had) on her ovary. I've been looking this up-never the best thing to do I know, but it sounds like a chocolate cyst left over from endometriosis, or what I found called a cystadenoma-though this is just me guessing. Her GP said she needs to be fasttracked and seen within a fortnight bu that not to worry that it's anything too sinister or they would have called a gynae whilst she was in having the pelvic unltrasound. They've not done a blood test. This is in the UK. Can anyone interpret seriousness or not, from red tape? Thanks
Please could someone respond please cos this is my 3rd post? It is now thought that my mum has a complex ovarian cyst. It's great that they're doing things quickly but makes me panic-she only had the routine scan last week, next week she is seeing the gynae and then a 'procedure is imminent'. Know most complex ovarian cysts are benign and that the CA125 markers aren't that reliable, but she also has to have the CEA bloods. Does anyone else have complex cysts-guessing my mum cant have the (cant remember the name) the one with the partial ova with hair, nails etc, could be the endometrial cos she had endo and fibroids but my guess is its the cystodenoma, but still scared it's malignant-also the CEA bloods seem to be for colon cancer and I know the endometriosis was at it's worst and adhered her womb to her bowel. Any similar symtoms (symptoms)/suggestions/responses?