Ovarian Cysts Community
ovary not seen? what's up with that?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

ovary not seen? what's up with that?

Hello to everyone. Just updating on test results and have even more questions now. Recent pelvic ultrasound showed normal left ovary, but report stated, right ovary unseen. I was given 4 different insights to why my R ovary wasnt visible....#1. this was from the first nurse at facility...that it was removed during hysterectomy. NOT, I called gyn office to double check records.# 2. from gyn nurse, that it could have shrunk, menopause, Im only 38. #3 different nurse at the facility said I could have been born without it, yet again, this is crazy, I've had ultrasounds at least 3 times in the past, no one has ever mentioned it not being there. and # 4. primary physician's nurse said it must have just been blocked by other tissues, not saying it wasnt there. I dont get this at all. I'm considering getting a second opinion, maybe with my gyn himself and ask for a transvaginal ultrasound. Symptoms still there, the bloating, the occassional nausea, frequent urination, pelvic pain.  Now onto the ct  results......everything looked normal, except that I now have an umbilical hernia. Cant understand a hernia causing these symptoms when ct report stated the hernia was small and there were no obvious obstructions. Ct also showed some bone spurring in some of the vertebrae in my spine. Ive already been diagnosed with degenerative arthritis in lumbar spine.Could that cause abdominal/pelvic symptoms? Maybe I should look into the bone/spine forums for some answers as well.... Am I crazy? symptoms with no real cause?
A transvaginal ultrasound gives the best view of women's reproductive organs.  In most cases where an ovary cannot be seen it is because of other tissues (organs or cyst for example) are in the way.  Sometimes a cyst is so large that it pushes the ovary behind.  Do arrange for another test.  This is the easiest one to deal with and should be ruled out.