Ovarian Cysts Community
ovary removal and bladder sling

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

ovary removal and bladder sling

I am 46 years old and on 9/29 I am having my ovaries removed and a bladder sling put in. What am I looking at for pain and recovery time.
I am assuming you are having a laparatomy?  It is very important that you keep on top of your pain after surgery and that you follow your doctor's instructions and do no lifting or twisting for 2 months and that you do not overdo it and tire yourself out as it will put you back.  Take the time and rest, rest, rest.  Your pain will mostly be gone by 4 weeks but the fatigue will linger for another month.  Most doctors say stay off work 4 - 8 weeks and that depends on the person or the doctor and what it is you do.
I had the sling and it kept out of work for 10 days, but mine was done through the ureathea. It helped me a lot....My sling was done this past June. I am very happy I had it done, and the only problem was I ended up with a cath for 6 days. Now, i have no problems whatsoever.

Now I don't know about the cyst removal. I had a cyst removed by laparotomy but I only had it done that way due to the prime reason for the laparotomy was to remove a tumor in L1, S5  area (lower back under neath aorta). If it was not for that tumor the cyst would had been removed by laporscopic  (sp?) a more less evasive surgery.

It took me 6 weeks to return to work with the laparotomy.  

This is just my experience.