period after laproscopy for ovary/tube removal (for cysts)
I had laparoscopic surgery almost 2 weeks ago. They removed my left ovary and tube and the report said it had endometriosis. I also had a d&c done then b/c of a thickened endometrial lining. My question is: could I have already started my period this soon? I didn't bleed hardly AT ALL after the surgery, but starting yesterday, bright red blood, but not too heavy (thankfully). I have put a call in to the doctor, but does anyone out there know if this is normal? I have been pretty active and I hope this isn't from too much activity. Also, if I hadn't had surgery, I believe it would be time for my regular period...I just didn't think it would resume "on time" and so soon after having 1 ovary removed. Anyone out there have anyexperience with this? Thank you!
Things are going to be off kilter for awhile due to the loss of the one ovary.  The remaining one will eventually take over, but there's going to be some hormonal confusion for awhile.  Do not expect a return to normal cycles for at least a couple of months.  Only heavy bleeding that looks life threatening should be of any concern.