Ovarian Cysts Community
please help im scared

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

please help im scared

I havnt been loosing sleep infact I've prob been sleeping more than usally I've just been told I've got a dermoid cyst on my right ovary and I'm scared my gyno wants me to take it out and has booked the appoinment but I've should be going to work can it wait till 3 mnths when I finish work or do I have to go in for it now ?
First of all do not do anything until you see a gyno/oncologyist.

They do this everyday and are the best to tell you what you should do. A ot of times they follow it for a few months with ultrasound.

Talk to them about your work schedule, if they arent worried absou the cyst i dont think 3 months is that long to wait.
Hi sorry got to write this all again as not showing. I have a dermoid I fact I started with a dermoid on one side and a cyst on other I was told by gyn I had to have them straight out that was 18 months ago I still have dermoid other cyst just went away on its own I have a scan every 6 months just to see not got massive or changed hope this helps
A dermoid cyst will not go away on its own due to its contents but if you aren't having any discomfort from it, I am sure it can wait 3 months.  You have an appt booked with your gyn or the surgery to remove it?
Hi well gyno booked an appointment at hospital for her to take it out now it was all quick at present I am trying to see if my health fund will cover it but by the looks of things I will be having it don't on Monday I'm really nerves and I don't want to lose my ovary bit she said its possible and she will just do it in the suregry while she's in there
I went into surgery thinking I would lose my ovary but when I woke up my gyn said he was able to just drain the cyst (we thought it was complex before he went in and looked) and leave my ovary. So I just want you to know they can't really see what's what inside you without opening you up and actually looking.