Ovarian Cysts Community
polycystic kidney disease and ovarian cyst are they related?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

When I was 12 yrs. old I found out I had polycystic kidney disease. I hadn't had any real problems until I was 18 yrs. old and began having a lot of kidney pain and over the past few years it has only gotten worst. But two years ago I was having painful intercouse, bleeding after intercourse, pain and a few other problems with that area. I had an ultasound and found out I had an ovarian cyst on my right ovary. So I had sugery to remove it but when the dr went in he said everything was fine and there was nothing. Later still having the same problems and one day I had really bad lower abd. pain I went to my general dr. who made me get another ultrasound and the cyst was still on my right ovary. So I went to another gyn. whom did the same laporoscopy and removed the cyst. But now 5 months later another cyst is back on my right ovary and causing all the same problems. So with pain from the ovary and the kidneys my days aren't the greatest.I was wanting to know tif the polycystic kindey disease and the cyst that keep comeing back have anything to do with each other. What else can I do to help ovarian cyst beside the pill b/c I have always taken them and I still get cyst.
Welcome to the site.  I am so sorry that you are going through this tough time.  I don't know if there is a connection, but I am sure there is someone on this site that does and can hopefully give you some answers.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.
~Tascha
I too, wonder about the correlation. I too, have acne and a nabothian cyst on my cervix.  I have a suspicion there is something up with my kidneys that has yet to be discovered, due to my recent Dx of hypertension.  Hopefull NOT polycystic kindney disease!  Who knows?  We'll be here to find out in the long run.
Hi, welcome, I don't know anything about the correlation of the two problems. But I also wonder if other "cystic" processes are related to the ovarian cysts. For example, I have fibrous cysts in my breasts, had a ganglion cyst in my wrist(now resolved), have a cyst growing in a labral tear inside my shoulder(but I don't wanna' have surgery ..ha! Such a wuss)...and I'm showing signs of adult cystic acne and rosacea, and I had a simple pregnancy cyst 4yrs. ago., and I have nabothian cysts on my cervix....Now, I wonder if all that is related... If you find any research on this, please let me know.
Take care,
(((Raynbow
I'm 14 years old, and I've just been told by my doctor that i have 2 cysts growing on my right kidney AND 1 on my right ovary. But I only had an unltrasound done, i'm not 100% confident in this diagnosis. I'm scheduled to see a gyna soon. Perhaps what you have is sort of the same like what i have? Can it be that cysts on (or in, i'm not quite sure) a kidney is the start of polycystic kindney disease? Though, I've read that it is generic. Other than my father having kidney stones as a child and my aunt having a cyst on her ovary, there is no other relation. I don't know much about anything right now. Only that, it's causing me alot of pain, to the point of feeling nausious, and that the doctors said not to worry about it at all that they will all eventually expload or dissolve...?
Please help me alittle, thanks!