possible ruptured ovarian cyst?
I'm 48, just had a period after 11 1/2 months with no periods and before that 8 months no periods (almost menopause).  The day after my period stopped this week I developed severe pain in my lower left back, eventually moving to the lower left front.  But Aleve helped the pain greatly.  Yesterday (Fri) I made an appt with the OB/GYN for Monday.  Of course the pain gets more severe on the weekend!  Now the pain is all over the pelvic area, almost feeling like a severe infection, but still mostly stabbing pain on lower left ovary area.  No pain in my bladder, no pain on urinating.  No fever.  Are these symptoms of ovarian cyst that has ruptured?  I also have a hard lymph node on that side in groin that has been enlarged for a while now.  Don't know if that is related, or if lymph nodes swell when a cyst is present.    
It could be a cyst rupture, which can radiate pain over a wide area along with swelling and will heal on its own with some monitoring on your part for infection.

It is strange to get a period after 11.5 months.  12 months is the milestone that indicates menopause is complete and you were nearly there.  If it were a hemorraghic cyst, that might not have been a period, but blood from the cyst.  Just some wild guessing until you are properly examined.

I do not know what the lymph node issue means.  It is good the gyn is seeing you tomorrow so you can get better answers.