Ovarian Cysts Community
post cyst removal and strange pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

post cyst removal and strange pain

Ok so its been 11 days since my surgery and everything was going great but then last night i woke up to excruciating pain on the opposite side my cyst was removed from. Like a sharp shooting pain and it seems to go down towards my anus. The pain lasts for about 2-10 minutes, but a constant pressure in my rectum almost all day, like i need to go more. I have been having bowel movements but it feels like something is stuck up there on the side the pain comes from.  Is this normal or has anyone else experienced something like this after a laparoscopic surgery? Should i try some laxatives? I dont have my follow up for another 2 weeks and am kinda freaking out that something else is wrong. PLEASE HELP.
Definitely try some laxatives--especially if you are taking pain medication.  Usually doctors will automatically prescribe laxatives because a lot of pain medications have the undesirable side effect of hardened stools.  I would also call your doctor and let him know about this problem and let him know you are going to take laxatives to see if it is gas-related pain; he may decide to see you sooner.