post op period
hi i had a laparotomy 8 weeks ago for an 11 cm serous cystadenoma and my ovary and tube were removed also,my question is while i have had a period since surgery (it was the worst i have ever had) then 20 days later i started to bleed again and have been bleeding for the past 2 weeks.I would like to know if this is normal as i now only have one ovary and if so how long could this bleeding go on for.
HI,
Such type of prolonged bleeding can be due to pelvic congestion related to surgery. You should consult your gynaecologist for an examination. Treatment with medicines like haemostatic agents will help stop the bleeding.
Hope this helps.
Thanks for your reply,i have an appointment with my gynaecologist feb 5 as i had an MRI for a pre-existing back problem and the result of that has shown i have a 7cm cyst on my left ovary may be this could account for the bleeding.