Ovarian Cysts Community
ruptured ovarian cyst

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

ruptured ovarian cyst

I had an ultra sound done today and was told I had a ruptured cyst. The cyst ruptured Friday (i know bc i was in severe pain) and today is Wednesday...The doctor showed me the ultrasound and I saw all the 'fluid' everywhere from the rupture.. My doctor told me that it was nothing serious and to just wait it out.. That if I started feeling worse or the pain in my pelvic area got worse to come back that i probably had an infection... I currently (and have been since the rupture on Friday) feel nauseous and weak through out the day, randomly hot and clammy, and have a good bit of pain in my pelvic area...
Is it accurate that I just need to wait this thing out to see if there is an infection??
Avatar_dr_f_tn
If there is rupture of a cyst of small or moderate size the resultant fluid will usually get absorbed. It is only rarely that infection may occur. Some amount of abdominal discomfort is natural. But is the pain is severe then it needs to be looked into. A follow up ultrasound will be necessary.
Hope this helps. Take care.
thanks for your post.. since this post I have had some pain and nausea but nothing too severe... I am currently having my period and am in extreme pain and am so nauseous I feel like i can't move.. I feel like it is because of the fluid from the rupture and the combination of my period.. but I guess i didn't expect to feel this sick... i am also lighted headed and dizzy.. is this because of my period or should i go to the er??