Ovarian Cysts Community
septated ovarian cyst postmenopausal

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

septated ovarian cyst postmenopausal

I had a report from 2005 showing a mass in the adnexal area.  Nothing was ever followed up on or mentioned to me.  Due to an MRI of my hip the mass was noted again 3 months ago.  Ultrasound showed a septated ovarian cyst.  I was told to get another US in 2 months which I had done.  The cyst is still there and I am being asked to get another US in a few months.  My concern is this.  I am reading that these can be cancerous and I wonder if I should just continue to watch it since it has apparently been there 4 years.  Should I be seeking another opinion?  What are the chances of this being cancerous?  I have noted that for the past year I have had extreme fatigue, not just being tired.  I am beyond tired, barely able to function due to the fatigue.  Could this be related?  THANK YOU to anyone who can advise me.  Sandy

This discussion is related to Septated ovarian cyst.
The folks on the Ovarian Cyst forum may have some valuable insights. It may be appropriate to ask for a CA 125 blood test. It never hurts to get a second opinion and if you are not comfortable with your treatment, it may put your mind at ease. You could also post your questions how the Ask the Expert forum.  Hopefully, this is nothing but you need to know for sure. Do take care and let us know what happens.
thank you.  I am impressed.  I really believed my question would end up in cyber land somewhere.  I appreciate your advise.  
I'm feeling very scared tonight!  Drs. found 8cm adnexal cystic lesion.  The adnexal area is so complicated.  Does that mean it is in limbo somewhere?  I cant sleep.  Drs appt. is on Friday and it is only Tuesday.  Feels like forever to get here!  Is some one out there that can help calm my nerves.  I keep looking things up on the internet and making me more upset because a lot is bad news! Agg!