Ovarian Cysts Community
septated ovarian cyst postmenopausal
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

septated ovarian cyst postmenopausal

I had a report from 2005 showing a mass in the adnexal area.  Nothing was ever followed up on or mentioned to me.  Due to an MRI of my hip the mass was noted again 3 months ago.  Ultrasound showed a septated ovarian cyst.  I was told to get another US in 2 months which I had done.  The cyst is still there and I am being asked to get another US in a few months.  My concern is this.  I am reading that these can be cancerous and I wonder if I should just continue to watch it since it has apparently been there 4 years.  Should I be seeking another opinion?  What are the chances of this being cancerous?  I have noted that for the past year I have had extreme fatigue, not just being tired.  I am beyond tired, barely able to function due to the fatigue.  Could this be related?  THANK YOU to anyone who can advise me.  Sandy