Ovarian Cysts Community
sex with an ovarian cysts

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

sex with an ovarian cysts

I was told a couple of months ago that a have an ovarian cysts. They explain to me about adnormal periods but they didn't tell me that after having sex I would be in pain. Is this true I can't have sex?
Unfortunately, pain during/after sex is part of having a cyst.  Can you give us a little information like how big the cyst is?  What are your plans on getting rid of the cyst?  In my experience if you do not have deep penetration, it does not hurt as bad.  Hopefully this issue will be resolved for you quickly.
hi i had the same situation as you. i had a 7cm cyst on my left ovary and i had alot of pain when i had sex. it was like a sharp stabbing pain that went up my side.

you can stil have sex while you have a cyst. they are quite common and some women dont even know they have them. if the pain is too much then try havin sex with not so deep penatration. that helped alot 4 my husband and i.

i was lucky in the fact that my cyst went on its own and i didnt have to have it removed. hope your as lucky and dont feel it burst like me. :)