Ovarian Cysts Community
swollen ovaries

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

swollen ovaries

I'm 24 y/o f. This weekend I was having really sharp pains in my pelvic area. I went to the ER cause I didn't know what was going on. the Dr. told me I had swollen ovaries. I've been searching hte internet left and right to see what's the cause but PCOS and OC is all I'm finding. I'm praying this is not the case cause my husband and I are trying to get pregnant. No period since Sept 4., I went to the Dr. last week for really bad headaches? All prego test are negative..can anyone tell me what is going on. I have an appt in the morning and I want to atleast be prepare for what the Dr. might say. PLZ help me!! Thanks in advance.
oh forgot to mention...i had a very light spotting on Oct 4, and everytime a take an ovulation kit test they come up positive.
Are you seeing a family Dr or a gynecologist.  I would ask them to do a transvaginal ultrasound just to see what is going on in there.  I would imagine that the stress you are under would be enough to skip a period for a month, but ovarian cysts, which are REALLY common, you have probably had several of them without even knowing it, could be why your ovaries are swollen. Also, the headaches again could be stress or it could be enlarged ovaries are pressing on everything & causing headaches.
Do you have any family history of gynecological cancers.  Even if you don't I would insist on the TVUS.  Don't let them take a wait and see approach that is longer than 6 wks, definitely not 3 months.
Good luck and do let us know how it goes.
Jan
I haven't been under any stress. Everything is going so smooth until the headaches came last week and then Saturday the pain in my pelvic. I'm going in tomorrow to see the dr. but I would like to know what to expect.
Ovarian cysts can cause some people to not have periods.  As well, the hormonal balance can cause the headaches.  Good luck at the doctor.  Please let us know how it goes.