Ovarian Cysts Community
weight loss after removal of uterus and ovaries.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

I had a surgery last year in june, 2009 and removed my uterus and ovary.i just went for a normal pap smear and Docter advised me for uterus removal. LAter after surgery i came to know it was a total hysterectomy with uterus, ovary and fallopian tube removed. I was on HRT for 6 months and then she stopped my estrogens. Ater that there was gradual weight loss and i have lost 10 kgs till now in 8 months. i feel very low and weak. my appetite has also weakened. i look so bad, i want to regain my lost weight if its possible and is it safe for me to take estrogen again.

I think you need to go back to the dr's asap and have full blood tests.
Why were you advised to have a full hysterectomy, what was found that made a hysterectomy necessary ? Did you have any follow up treatment or tests after the hysterectomy?

Unexplained weight loss should always be investigated and coupled with your recent history its imperative that you act sooner rather than later

Take care
I agree with carcrazy.  It is important that you find the reason for your weight loss.  Most women (including myself) who have hysterectomies have trouble with weight gain rather than weight loss.  You will want a full work up to be sure you aren't anemic and don't have any other condition causing your weight loss.

Take care,

Shelly