Ovarian Cysts Community
what are the signs and symptoms of ruptured ovarian cyst?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

So six days ago i was getting ready to eat dinner with the family, I began having pain in my stomach. It was the last day of my period and I do have constipation at times. I was doubled over in pain and tried to move my bowels. Not happening. So I decided that the pain was from the needing of a bm. t/o the night I had chills and woke up every hour to urinate. The urine was very concentrated and small amount, this was contributed to me not having a bm(per my thoughts) So the next morning I had a soft bm and thought I was out of the clear. The pain was still there but no more chills, I had the want to eat but not much appetite. Episodes of nausea but no vomiting. So bowel obstruction I had ruled out. That night i started having thigh pain, like growing pains(I get them sometimes during my period) these pains were very uncomfortable left me up at night. Also had clear thin discharge coming from vagina.  What is going on? So the next morning I started doing research about these pains and it seems to be a sign of ovarian cyst or ruptured cyst. Makes sense right, the same pains experienced with period, the pain starts on the last day of my period. Now my mind is racing. I remember my mother having a cyst on one of her ovaries when she was the exact same age, she had the ovary removed. Then twenty yrs later she had passed from ovarian cancer :(  So I called my OB/GYN and she didnt seemed too concerned, I did make an appt for the next day and had an ultrasound done. Of course!! the ultra sound found nothing(which is good) but its now friday and im still having discomfort. The doctor told me to take Motrin around the clock and we will see what happens.  No more leg pain but the abdominal and back discomfort is definatley still there. I  know that if it was a cyst  and ruptured there is nothing you can do, but I'm wondering if a cyst ruptured on a Sunday and then an ultrasound was done on Thursday would there still be evidence of a cyst?So I read that as the dr, sees nothing on the ultrasound so nothing is going on!  Not impressed by her care of a patient.
I would ask for a CT scan since they do show more than ultrasounds.  It could be other issues that cause the same type of symptoms as a cyst.  If you are still having symptoms I would think there is something else going on if no cyst is shown.  But at the same time..not all ultrasounds are created equal..could've been the operator or the radiologist reading the ultrasound.  Keep making a huge deal if you keep having symptoms..and demand more.  I've had to do the same..and am getting ready for surgery to have a complex cyst removed as it is not going away. good luck and keep us posted.