Ovarian Cysts Community
why so much pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

why so much pain

I am a 30 year old female, had a hysterectomy on may 6 2009. I have Polystic Ovarian Syndrome. I had a cyst removed from my left ovary a size of a orange. Now my right side is hurting i have a knot on my pelvic. In constant pain, on my right side. The doctor did not take my ovaries. I might have scar tissue, but i don't know. Scared that i might have Ovarian Cancer, because of the symptoms that i am having. I  have pain in my leg, it gets weak, pelvic pain,stomach pain around the right side. Don't know what to do
Take heart in knowing that the symptoms for ovarian cysts and those for ovarian cancer are very similiar.  Take a look at the health pages (top right).  Arrange for abdominal and transvaginal ultrasounds to see if you have another cyst.  The odds are tremendously in your favor that this isn't cancer but in some cases they can't be sure until the cyst is removed.  Let us know how it goes.
Thank you so much. I am going to make me appointment very soon.....
Trudie gave you excellent advice.  The only way to know what is going on is to have a transvaginal ultrasound done.  I'm glad that you are going to get one scheduled.  Ovarian cysts, no matter the size, can cause a lot of pain.  Scar tissue can also cause pelvic pain, that is why it is important that you get the TVUS and see what is going on.  Keep us updated please