Ovarian Cysts Community
why this new pain??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

why this new pain??

so i had an 10 cm ovarian cyst removed from my left ovary one week and three days ago. the cyst ended up being inside my ovary so the doctor had to cut open the ovary to remove it but was able to do all this thru 3 small incisions. Also just a little more background info. exactly one week before the surgery for the cyst removal i had surgery to remove a kidney stone and the day before the surgery to remove the cyst I had the stent placed during the kidney stone removal removed. In fact I didnt have any symptoms due to the cyst and it was not detected during a normal pelvic exam. They actually found the cyst when they did a ct scan trying to see if i had a kidney stone. They also where not sure where they cyst was located until the doctor actually went in a did the procedure. anyways.
When I woke up the only incision that hurt was the one on the hair line and when i say it hurt i mean it REALLY REALLY hurt. not only did i receive morphine for the pain they also gave me valium and an ice pack. for the first 4 days i think i basically had to roll out of bed there was no way i could just sit up! now the only pain (well up until yesterday) i have is after urinating its like the lower part of the abdominal muscle hurts to go back down after being stretched by a full bladder or something. Im not sure if thats due to the surgery from the cyst or still the surgery from the kidney stone/stent. Oh well and it still hurts to sneeze and cough and laugh! and im still not doing sit ups or anything of that nature. I did go back to school (im in college) the monday after the surgery , which was on a thursday/.

my question finally!! lol
as of yesterday I've developed this sharp to touch pain and this pain is worse than any of the pain I've felt due to the cyst removal part of the surgery. it is on the left side of my abdomen and it spans from the left incision site to the one right under my belly button. it i just lay my hand without pressure over that area it hurts if i press it hurts even more! why??? what has happened? Im worried maybe i lifted something and have ruptured the incision in some way or something. I dont know im just worried that i have this new pain that ive never felt before. any ideas? I figured that if it isnt gone by monday (tomorrow) that means I've delt with it for 3days then I'm going to call the doctor. oh and just so ya know it cant be due to the kidney stuff because that was all on the right side!

Thank you for any insight!
oh also!!! while the doctor was in there removing the cyst he discovered some endometriosis and burned it all out...so maybe some of the pain is from that?? i dont know.