PHHS User Group
Week 1 goal: An emphasis on back strengthening
About This Group:

PHHS: project happy healthy sexy All you need is a notebook, a pen and a goal! Lets get together and lose weight, be active and change our lives together.

Founded by carlockl1986 on November 8, 2012
1 member

So Sunday I am going to respond to this with my discoveries and things I have learned for this week. Feel free to do so as well that what this group is for! If your weekly goals are different than mine feel free to post on what you emphasized for the week the important thing is that we are being proactive in our own health!

This weeks emphasis is on strengthening your back. Talking about anatomy how and why it is so important, how weight effects back muscles and exercises that target that specific area. I look forward to hearing about your first weeks adventure!
1 Comment
I am a little late with my weekly post(my lack of home internet is a pain in my booty). So the week of november 5th through 11th was dedicated to the back. I decided on this topic because our back allows us to stand, it supports us and is widely neglected and abused. I myself am guilty of abusing and neglecting this essential body part. The work I do is back intensive I lift and turn human beings for a living. I know how important a healthy back is and see first hand what happens when its abused. Yet I still found myself ignoring it and just figuring it could take the punches. well it cant and the only way to save your back is to prevent its abuse. During this week I discovered that not only are strength training and proper body mechanics important but stretching is as well. Stretching is something to have never thought of in reference to my back before. I have been getting sore in my back lately so I researced proper back health and discovered that most people even conscientious people who are not obese, work their back muscles and employ proper body mechanics in dailylife overlook this vital component to back health. STRETCHING, and let me tell you what it works! one day and 30minutes later my back felt better than it has in months. so hetre are some stretches I did:

Plank
cat/crow
superman
knee to chest
t- twist
figure 4

They felt great and I felt wonderful after doing them. they are not super intense and work even if your not used to working out (this girl right here!). Enjoy! hope your week was rocking and see you next week!
carlockl1986 getting back into the groov... Comment
01/13
Weight Tracker: holiday laziness
01/13 by carlockl1986
Yesterday
11/12 by carlockl1986