Can this cause PTSD?
Being told you have a life threatening disease then being told you actually dont have it?
How long in between these two events was it?
ptsd is very likely from traumatic event(s) that cause flashbacks & nightmares panic & anxiety attacks i believe that substance abuse go with it and intense fear for many years after the event :)
It all started in March 2012 but its got me so scared that something might actually be wrong with me that im afraid to go to the dr when im sick and im depressed ive always had anxiety but this has made it worse.
I don't know that it can cause PTSD.  I could see how it would cause depression or anxiety but PTSD is a pretty serious disorder.  Not downplaying that event I am sure it was tough but I can't in all good conscious tell you that it likely caused PTSD.  However I am not a doctor I just have PTSD.  I acquired this beautiful disorder from a lifetime of trauma starting with sexual, mental, and physical abuse leading up to my two deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan.  PTSD is treatable and once you find closure for a lot of it the symptoms seem to subside a bit.  Fear causes stress and stress can bring about some pretty severe physical and mental symptoms.  Anyway like I said I am not a doctor but I have met a lot of people with PTSD mostly in the military but a significant amount in the civilian world.  I hope this gets easier for you.