PTSD / Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Community
Can you have this for years without knowing
About This Community:

This community is for discussions relating to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Please note, this community is not monitored by professionals, rather questions will be answered by other members of the community.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Can you have this for years without knowing

I had eight years dating a true blue real
Psychopath what I allowed him to
Do to my mind brain and soul let alone body  I am
Wondering what happened to me around the same time I got very sick surgeon gave me pain killers and I've been on them
For four years so I've been numb to cope cabt get off them but my anger and reactions are insane and the past keeps flashing all the time I've stayed in my house for three years not going near people but I'm
Not getting better
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
675718_tn?1321008971
you may have psychosis or some form of it, best to see a doctor
Blank
Don't have psychosis your kidding aren't you I have an MBA running a company that I've just taken around the world do that's ridiculous im just freaking with anger all the time anyone hurt does and the past I haven't let go of and keep reliving it because I haven't coped with what I've been thru it seems like a dream so your wrong not good to write seriously study more
Blank
675718_tn?1321008971
ok
Blank
2071518_tn?1340386943
Yes, I believe you can have PTSD for years and not know it and I believe it can empact all areas of your life. When I experienced a trauma and went to counseling for it, we uncovered other traumas from my childhood and the counselor told me I've probably had PTSD from a very young age. It's never too late to get help, though. My counselor taught me some tools to cope with the intense feelings that are associated with PTSD.
Take care.
Blank
3236191_tn?1355144215
Yes you can have PTSD and any mental illness for that matter for years and not know it.  It's not like you're immediately informed of your condition when you develop any disorder.  PTSD can also have some psychotic symptoms, they aren't just exclusive to things like schizophrenia.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
PTSD / Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank