PTSD / Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Community
Clenching/grinding teeth while sleeping: PTSD symptom?
About This Community:

This community is for discussions relating to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Please note, this community is not monitored by professionals, rather questions will be answered by other members of the community.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Clenching/grinding teeth while sleeping: PTSD symptom?

I tend to clench my teeth or bit the insides of my cheeks while I'm sleeping.  I do it to some extent under any circumstances, but when I'm under a lot of stress I will routinely wake up with sore jaw muscles, and sometimes sores on the inside of my mouth (from biting it).  I brought this up to my boyfriend the other day, and he said that he'd hard it was symptomatic of PTSD.  Just wondering if anyone had heard anything about this.  
There are other reasons to believe that I might have PTSD, although nothing definitive, and it's not like I spend time searching the dark corners of my brain to see if there's anything in there that might have caused it.  
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
535822_tn?1389452880
I have also vaguely heard of this before,this may be one for the experts to answer ,what other symptoms do you have ?
Blank
Well, I'm generally kind of...twitchy...I can't sleep comfortably without either another person or a knife within easy reach, and sometimes not even then.  I have several weird phobias which I have no explanation for.  I have essentially no memories of one person from my past, despite being able to clearly remember other people and events from the same time.  Also I startle very easily.  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
PTSD / Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...