PTSD / Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Community
Did I just see that?

This community is for discussions relating to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Please note, this community is not monitored by professionals, rather questions will be answered by other members of the community.

Did I just see that?

Does anyone ever think they see and or hear things that aren't really there?....

My Dr told me I have PTSD about a month ago. So, this is all new to me. It's pretty scary though.
i think it's called psychosis, i have schizophrenia i hear voices that are not there it's a form of permanent psychosis i also have PTSD which is like from intense fear flashbacks and nightmares
After my rape I used to hear someone calling my name all the time.  It has faded over time, but sometimes something that happens will still trigger it.  If you want to talk more you can contact me
I don't hear voices, I hear sounds that imatate a moving person. I do feel like theres someone there and I feel like I can hear them walking behind me. But theres never anyone there. I was raped when I was younger and recently some of those memories have been triggered. This person found me on FB a few mths back.
I have PTSD, too.  I don't hear voices either, but I'm scared I will...  If that makes sense.  Sometimes, I get so scared, I feel like I'm one hair away from hearing voices.  I do see things out of the corner of my eye, like a shadow or a face and when I turn there is nothing there.  I don't know if it's just me...or maybe even something paranormal.  I honestly don't know.  I was never raped, but I was molested (a lot) and physically and mentally abused.  I can't believe this person found you on FB.  How scary!  No wonder your memories are wafting back in!  If you ever need someone, I'm here.  Sometimes, it's easier to talk to someone you don't know very well.  Good luck.  Hope you are well.
It's wierd.... I don't hear voices, it's like I can hear someone walking on leafs. But there's never anything there.....

I was never molested and I'm sorry you had to go through that, I couldn't even imagine!
I am however so paranoid that my kids will experiance something like that. I know that probably makes me seem even crazier. I think I fear that so much because my Mom was molested by her step- father and she always shared her stories with me, even when I was really young. Good luck to you as well! I'm also here if you want to talk!
Hi, Cali....I know exactly what you mean about hearing those intangible sounds...like a faraway conversation or someone moving very softly. But nothing is ever there. It is scary, but I try to ignore it now. I discussed it with my sister and she told me to tell my psychiatrist. Now I just keep it to myself.