PTSD / Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Community
Going back to Afghanistan (help)

This community is for discussions relating to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Please note, this community is not monitored by professionals, rather questions will be answered by other members of the community.

Going back to Afghanistan (help)

So I don't know if I have PTSD or not, I'm going to talk to my Chaplin and then go to the mental clinic tomorrow (I'm going to be back in country) I'm returning back from R&R (2 week leave from deployment) I started to have anxiety attacks a week before I left. I fought them off and they went away the day before I went home... I had 2 episodes in which my Wife helped me through... Then the day before I came back my mind went crazy again. I was looking at my wife (who I just married on R&R 3 days before) and it was like I got hit in the head with a 2x4 of the thought I didn't love her and I never wanted to be with her & I don't know why I loved her in the beginning. I love her so much, and we had a perfect time together while I was home. I'm hoping it was anxiety building up about me going back. (now im on my way back to Afghanistan) and this took place remind you the day before I left home (again) but its like 2 thoughts fighting in my head... Arguing... I keep getting this feeling deep down in my chest like I'm about to have a panic attack...  I don't know what I'm asking I guess I'm looking for guidance and some comforting knowing there was a lot on my plate. I know there was. I just know I'm in love with my wife. I have this constant urge to message here when ever I can, just to talk to her, tell her I love her. This *****. It really does. I don't know why this all started. Its so stupid. Anxiety is a b(708!
Hi, I think you are suffering under the strain of your extremely stressful job. I would seek help as you have suggested. That chest pain is a sign of fairly high stress levels. Anxiety is very real so make sure you do get some guidance from a proffesional. There are ask a dr forums on here. they may be able to advise you. Take solace in the fact that when we are under extreme stress and we are giving too much and not getting proper rest this is our bodies way of making us stop. I think you do love your wife very much. As I said it is hard to give more when you are running low on your stores of emotional wealth. You may have unconciously felt I can't cope with the demands of her as well. Even if she is very understanding.Take care of yourself and rememeber you are under a great deal of stress. You need to give yourself a break. Trying to live two different lives is an extreme strain on anyone. Please know many people are praying for you. Take care
i suffer from flashbacks and nightmares since being injured in the service, my life totally changed now that i have schizophrenia this combo of illnesses i have really test me everyday. if you think you have PTSD don't be afraid to let the doctor know about your symptoms your doctor may prescribe an anti-depressant.also i attend group therapy and i take pills for this i recommend that maybe you can talk to others because PTSD is mainly intense fear you must manage :)