My husband is suffering
My husband just got back from Afghanistan in July.  He was there for 6 mos as a civilian Dept of Defense employee.  Even though he's not a solider he still had to deal with his base taking incoming rounds twice a day.

Since he's been back he has been having nightmares and obviously not sleeping well.  He's having a difficult time readjusting to family life and gets very shaky.  His moods are all over the place and has been having chest pains.

The first time he had the pains his work called an ambulance and he went to the hospital.  He did an ekg, chest xray, and blood work and all was normal.  The only thing that helped was pain meds.  He saw his pcp and she gave him cymbalta for anxiety.  He didn't start taking it right away and had another episode of chest pain.  His pcp did a CAT scan of his gall bladder and spleen and they were ok.

He finally started taking the cymbalta and is seeing a shrink.  He's seen her 2 times and she believes he has ptsd and his chest pains are anxiety attacks.  He's been on the cymbalta for 2 weeks and has been good.  His moods have gotten better and no chest pains until today.

My husband doesn't want to believe his chest pains are from anxiety.  I don't know what to do for him.  He's only 31 yrs old.  Should his pcp be testing him for something else?  His therapist prescribed vistaril for when the chest pain first starts and that's not working.  The only thing that seems to work is pain meds.

The other thing worth mentioning is the chest pain moves.  Several times it was on the right side above his heart, but its also been in the middle, and today it was on the right side.  I'm just worried and don't know how to help him.

Thanks in advance for any advice or comments.

PTSD is one thing, and potential heart problems are another.  Seems as if the PTSD is being treated with a deal of accuracy and that is a good thing.  Regarding the chest pain.... I'd not be afraid to get a second opinion.

It's potentially his heart and the last I checked, we all need them.  If you question the pcp, it is definately worth getting a 2nd.