PTSD / Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Community
Need Help

This community is for discussions relating to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Please note, this community is not monitored by professionals, rather questions will be answered by other members of the community.

Need Help

I am 20yrs old and 21wks pregnant with my second child. I was diagnosed with PTSD when I was 17yrs old and have seen many therapist but have found that none have worked for me and need help on how to cope with it and deal with it. I don't underatand what it means. Anyone with advice on this will really help. Since I been pregnant I been over emotional about everything. I just sit and watch the news about people who get scammed on the internet and over the phone and I cry. I need help.
PTSD can be with you for a long time if you decide not to breastfeed you could have a doctor prescribe an anti-depressant that's what they treat ptsd with. if you have high anxiety/panic attacks the doctor can give you something for that too i have PTSD from combat i was diagnosed in '95 and it is still here with me now like it was yesterday that i was traumatized and i have severe nightmares and triggers that set me off(flashbacks) please believe that you are not alone ok :)
I am older, but I was in the same boat.  I had PTSD, and major depression when I got pregnant at 16.  You may need to go into something more intense than just one hour every week or two.  You can look into partial hospitalization or day treatment (it is called different in different places) You will have other people there to cheer you on because it is a group, also have the stability to talk on a daily basisi about what is going on.  Pregnancy can really mess with your emotions and if you had problems before the pregnancy they will be 100 times worse.  Seek some real help and maybe get some friends along the way too.  Let me know if you want to talk more.
what all is wrong like how do u feel i suffer from the same exact thing