Need help to be better!
I'm 23 pregnant with my second child. I'm in theropy because I was diagnosed with depression at 8 years old and I have just been diagnosed with Chronic PTSD. I can see why but how do I fix it? Is there anything other than theropy short of drugs I can do to help me be better for my babies? I don't want them to see me when flashbacks and triggers get to me. I'm their only parent and I have to be strong for them and with added emotional issues on top of depression and PTSD I feel alone and worthless.
you are not alone i have PTSD since '95 i still have flashbacks& nightmares like it happened yesterday be strong identify what triggers you may have AVOID them all together the doctors will prescribe anti-depressants something for anxiety maybe when your little ones get older :)
I too have had depression since Childhood.  I also searched for the Magic Cure which I haven't found yet, but hard work with your friends, therapists and family is always a good place to start.  As you get more into your therapy, more doors will open to you to try different things to move you into Healthy Living...And you are not alone and you are not worthless...To your children you are the whole world, the stars, the moon and heavens.. if they are prone to depression of their own, they will remember how you dealt with it and what you did.....

Please know that it does get better and I am sending Best Wishes to You

M