PTSD / Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Community
No one understands

This community is for discussions relating to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Please note, this community is not monitored by professionals, rather questions will be answered by other members of the community.

No one understands

I was in a very bad car wreck six months ago. It totalled my car, and left me with a severe and painful neck injury. A month after the accident I began having severe panic attacks, and wouldn't leave my house. I began having horrific flashbacks and nightmares of the guy hitting me all over again at 70 mph. I'm on zoloft and have xanax but it doesn't always help. And now due to my neck injury that i have been told they can do nothing for i am hooked on pain meducation. I am about to lose my job and my addiction is tearing my family apart. I simply don't know what to do. I feel so lost...alone and scared.
alcohol made my symptoms of PTSD worsen, my addiction had me by the neck and  PTSD is intense fear. i isolated myself and used drugs. now i have a year sobriety from alcohol and cocaine. my life is somewhat manageable and i'm not hungover all the time so it's a good start to not use drugs  ok
I am going through posts today and wanted to congratulate you on a years sobriety....That is a big accomplishment and I am very proud of you

M
I've been in the same boat I was on dope and PCP perks and cocaine. For years I ran from my problems to only find my self in worse ones when I got clean it was hard and a lot to face but its possible as long as you want it you can get it ! And your never alone if you believe in a higher power that ones always there, also online meetings , chat rooms, outside public meetings I wish you best of luck !