PTSD Cure? Yes. Beta Blockers and EMDR
I guess this isn't a question... but I had to post because my heart goes out to all of you who are suffering. Spending 6 years in depth therapy did not solve the problem for me. I was depressed and broken.

I have PTSD. My MD is a general practitioner MD who uses integrative medicine AND is a psychiatrist. He also up on the latest cutting edge medicine. He put me on beta blockers for my extreme PTSD and anxiety last year. He had me take one beta blocker at night only. I took them for 6 months in a first course, and will begin another soon.

After the first 6 months I can report that my symptoms are markedly better. I've been off them for 8 months. They results have lasted after I stopped the beta blockers so far. If it didn't aggravate my asthma I'd take them for two years straight and be done... because this is the time it takes apparently for the beta blockers to structure certain areas of the brain while you sleep, a true healing... and the results are permanent.

I've also used EMDR with some success, but the beta blockers are the best. I finally have hope that I will be "normal" (LOL) again one day. I encourage all of you to investigate a course of beta blockers to cure your PTSD and also potentially EMDR.

Peace and warm wishes for your healing...

i take an alpha-blocker for PTSD helps me sleep real good
Hi Anna,

I would like to give you some info about Talking2Minds, which is a charity with a unique approach established with the sole purpose of helping those suffering from PTSD or other severe stress related conditions.

Talking2Minds was established by people who have suffered from PTSD and been through the Talking2Minds therapeutic process in order to help other back to health. Because all their team have personal experience of PTSD and other severe stress related conditions, they have an unique understanding of what the clients are going through and are able to create a strong rapport with them.

Please have a look: http://www.talking2minds.co.uk/ at just a few of their case studies, videos and interviews to see how they have successfully helped people overcome PTSD and severe stress related conditions with their unique program.  All case studies are written in the delegates own words.

Best wishes,
Roxana

I also have PTSD and my psychiatrist never suggested that, I will discuss with him next time. Wish me luck!
Yes, this is working for me too (at least helping me sleep.) Believe it or not, my original doctor wanted to give me painkillers and anti-depressants, which actually kept me from sleeping. Looking online, I realized that treating PTSD with narcotics is fairly common, and not left for those that only suffer from physical pain issues.
The above referenced this data:
www.brookhavenhospital.com/vets-with-mental-health-issues-are-more-likely-to-abuse-pain-killers/
Which brand are you using?
I'm glad you found something that works so well for you and I hope it works just as well for many others.  However, no one treatment will work the same for everyone.  We each have a different physiology and will react to the same meds differently.  We also have different causes and needs.  It takes a trained professional working with you to create an affective and healthy treatment plan.  Never hesitate to speak up and ask about these other types of treatments as well.  Taking an active part in your treatment plan is very productive and encouraged by most professionals.
that is really interesting, I had never heard of it. thanks for sharing!