PTSD / Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Community
PTSD Depression and SI

This community is for discussions relating to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Please note, this community is not monitored by professionals, rather questions will be answered by other members of the community.

PTSD Depression and SI

have had PTSD for about 2 years - anxiety depression  some OCD (almost gone now) SI all since the PTSD incident - SA in the past that i didnt remember from childhood now coming through - seems like the PTSD has opened pandoras box...... and all the bad things are comin through -

anyone had PTSD and got cured? feel safe? manage to get theri sleep back in control..... sorry lots of questions.. just need a little hope.
I have improved a lot in this last year, I am definatley feeling less anxious and coping again, my trauma triggered off a lot of Physical symptoms and I am making great head way taking supplements not drugs and helping myself, building up my immune system, and of course coming to MH for help from others ,this has been my therapy ,being able to share and receive invaluable information.I did find for a while I was obsessing about things in the past I had no control over , read up about it, googled for information, lived on MH ...told myself to do less thinking..I do believe we let our thoughts cause us a lot of bother...so yes my answer is yes I think for some it takes a long time but I do feel you can get better..
Thanks for your reply margypops, adn for letting a little bit of light into the end of my tunnnel :)
You are very welcome keep in touch here we have some good times and lots of friends ....
There is definitely hope for PTSD sufferers.  There is life after PTSD also.  Hang in there.  It took me 25 years to heal enough inside to finally be ready to go through the therapy for PTSD.  I was also an alcoholic and ready to quit drinking.  I am very happy and sober today.  I still have PTSD and guess I always will but just feel like I do not have time for my flashbacks etc anymore.  I have much more control over my anxiety today that it is almost a non-issue. I sleep through the nights again.  My message is that things will get much much better in time.  Every person has their own time schedule so be patient with yourself. Get a therapist and a psychiatrist and they will also stick with you untill you are ready to go through PTSD treatment. Learn to be nice to yourself and know that you are worth the efforts you put forward and others give you.  Never give up on you.  You can do it my dear.  Wendy