PTSD / Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Community
PTSD and panic attacks
About This Community:

This community is for discussions relating to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Please note, this community is not monitored by professionals, rather questions will be answered by other members of the community.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

PTSD and panic attacks

I keep having panic attacks based on PTSD for things that have happened over a year ago, I had one two days ago from a sexual assault two years ago. How can I get past these? I can't afford counseling, and these panic attacks are making it hard to function because they always precede a dissociative episode. If anyone has any advice, I would appreciate it. Thank you.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
535822_tn?1389452880
Its usually our thoughts that make us feel bad ..I read in the book 'Slowing down to the speed of Life ' by Richard Carlson these words that helped me a few years ago.'Its impossible to experience any negative feeling without first creating a negative  corresponding thought' 'The truth is ,our thinking will always create the realty we perceive ' I would panic in stores, it was always when I had been over thinking problems, so I started to distract myself , in the store I did not run out, I told myself this will pass, nothing is happening' I read the labels on the cans and stayed even feeling so bad .It became a routine I used all the time ..distraction I also started to read up on visualization and that helped me .I have been panic free for as long as I have been on Med Help as that's another thing I did, I came here to help others ..4 years ago .
Blank
675718_tn?1321008971
you should see a doctor soon they can prescribe something for you and pay it back eventually :)
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
PTSD / Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...