PTSD / Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Community
Physical

This community is for discussions relating to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Please note, this community is not monitored by professionals, rather questions will be answered by other members of the community.

Physical

I have to have a physical on Thursday. I was raped 8 years ago. I've been to a doctor once since then and my two friends were there with me all the way through. No one can go with me this time. I have to drive two hours to go do this. This is also something I HAVE to do in order to start my job which I REALLY need. I don't know how I'm supposed to handle this. Please help?! Any advice???
make a list of things you need for your trip and write down any questions you have for your doctor and let him know about your history and any meds you take ok :)
It may be best to have someone drive with you so that you have some support.  I know that they can't go to the appointment but you need some support.  If not, lots of reassuring phone calls along the trip.  I hope that you get through this ok and get the job that you are trying for.  Best of luck to you and God be with you.