Question for those who have PTSD or have a loved one with it
I was just diagnosed with PTSD. It all started 18 years ago when I was only twelve. Well I was taking antidepressants and have my ups and downs but since diagnosed, I am afraid I will start hallucinating.

I don't have nightmares. I only get "paranoia" (unusual fear), anxiety, depression etc. I don't get images of my trauma, I get related images but not as much as before and fear of that trauma.

My question: Do people with PTSD hallucinate? If yes what percentage does and is this condition treatable. I forgot to ask this my shrink because I didn't believe him the diagnosis but after doing some research I think he is right.

I am uncertain only the Doctor may be able to answer but I do know that some meds prescribed for anxiety, depression and PTSD can have side effects of Hallucinations, so if you are taking anything check out the dose with the prescribing Doc and ask about changing it ..Good Luck
Anyone else? Does PTSD means psychosis/hallucinations?
Because that my only fear and this fear is making me feel sick. I am ready to accept diagnosis, I am ready to fight as I have for eighteen years and feel now better than I did before but if I am heading towards psychosis and hallucinations I am really scared.

Do all people with PTSD hallucinate?
Put PTSD ,Hallucinations into Google
I hallucinate but I always hallucinated before I got PTSD, due to another mental illness.  PTSD can make you have flashbacks if that's what you mean, where you actually re-experience the traumatic memory almost as if it is actually happening.
Well when I put PTSD in google nowhere mentions hallucinations as a symptoms on trusted medical sites, only flashbacks.

But if I put PTSD and hallucinations then there is lots of stuff.  
No, PTSD is not associated with symptoms of psychosis or hallucinations.

The only time that would happen is if there are dual diagnoses.
I have PTSD and have not experienced any hallucinations. Although I do suffer from paranoia and flashbacks.

It could be a side effect of one of your meds. I would def ask the Dr about it next time you go.
i have ptsd, and i don"t hallucinate at all. mine didn"t start hitting me until i retired. gues i slowed down enough to really notice. i always thought this ptsd only happened to military people. but that was sure not true. i started having anxiety attacks. dr. put me on a med. to help. now i take nothing. learned to control my breathing, etc. i guess ptsd comes in varying degrees of intensity. good luck. wuckie
I was originally diagnosed as depression and panic disorder; then upgraded to PTDS.  I don't visually have flash backs, but certain things affect me. I cannot be in a closed room with a man without hyperventilating because I feel trapped. I had been raped many years ago, wherein he locked me into my own home and had his way with me for about 2.5 hours till I tricked him into leaving.  Then it was horrifying to me to see him in court, and answer all the personal questions while I was in the witness stand.  Bottom line, I think, is with this disorder, you don't necessarily hallucinate or have visual flashbacks.  It is just debilitating and causes you to avoid situations. Also it can make you not very adventureous, like almost agoraphobic.  Don't worry about actual hallucinations, sweetie.