PTSD / Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Community
Rts
About This Community:

This community is for discussions relating to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Please note, this community is not monitored by professionals, rather questions will be answered by other members of the community.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Rts

I have rts (rape trama syndom) its a form of ptsd. My husband doesn't understand. I wake up with nightmares having a panic attack. I have severe anxiety,  I'm on meds and starting therapy again. Does anybody know how I can get him to understand what I'm going through? Its so hard to try and explain it I break down and cry when I talk about it.
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
675718_tn?1321008971
please believe that you are not alone i have PTSD for 16 years now and it is difficult to let others know what you are going through i felt all alone like no one understands. i have been there and i still do not talk about what happened to me. if you go to therapy they can teach you about coping with rts ptsd and then you can identify your triggers mine are helicopters and smoke hope this helps :)
Blank
4190741_tn?1370181432
I am really happy to hear that you are restarting therapy...

It may not be possible for your husband to ever fully
understand what you are going through, but a good
therapist will at least suggest that your husband come
in for a couple of sessions with you..

Please let us know how it is going with you....

Healing Thoughts going out to you this morning...

M
Blank
5060435_tn?1363013517
all i can say is try and bring your husband into a few sessions with you i tried to with my mother when i was younger my therapist even tried to work around her schedule and she wouldn't go so i cant tell you if it works but i know a therapist will do everything to help you communicate it with your spouse. i hope he can understand for you and i hope your coping gets better.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
PTSD / Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank