PTSD / Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Community
So yeah I have PTSD

This community is for discussions relating to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Please note, this community is not monitored by professionals, rather questions will be answered by other members of the community.

So yeah I have PTSD

Erm never done this before but i was diagnosed with PTSD three years ago from being in a abusive relationship with my first sexual partner. He would be extremely nice the first few months then would put me down, Hate me talking to guys, Want my passwords, Check my phone constantly and long story short he physically abused me. I feel he's not done with me as he told me if i left him he had a weapon in storage and would kill his high school bully if i left him. He broke into my garden at 2am in the morning after i called him up to dump him, He then apparently threw stones at my window to wake me up and left a stone on my bin in the morning. But does anyone ever get over PTSD?
I think that ptsd never goes away I have it for 19 years now its still alive in my mind please believe that your not alone I attend group therapy I stopped drinking and drugs three years ago cuz I decided I have some living to do instead of dying from this disease of alcoholism hope this helps.
The idea of PTSD going away is questionable.  Some people who've been professionally treated have had great success while others cannot find a moment of peace.

I've had some therapy for PTSD.  I think the PTSD is still there to some extent, but I identified the problem/cause, worked my way through all of it and realized that the problem didn't identify me and that I could not let it identify me.  I realized I was powerless when all of this happened, but now am powerful enough to work through.

I'm in a pretty cozy place right now.  What happened will never go away, but it also doesn't need to be with me every minute of every day either.  You can get there.
I am reliving dv and terrified for son alone with him/dad who hirt me. im obsessed woth car regs, due to jim stalking me after i left. i see flashs of a couple of things he did. i dont feel safe. always on alert. v high on anxiety about safety things with son being aware of it more. i feel the hurt of the dv and fear days of court hearings