PTSD / Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Community
Sounds

This community is for discussions relating to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Please note, this community is not monitored by professionals, rather questions will be answered by other members of the community.

Sounds

Sounds are a major trigger for me. The human voice, in certain situations, yelling or anger can cause some weird behavior in me I think. But more than sounds, loud noise bothers me, too. My reactions are quick. I am quick by nature. I can walk faster than an average person can jog. Not impossible, but agility is a gift and a curse for me. I react to sounds because I am very sensitive normally to just about everything. This also is a gift and a curse. So what the triggers are is hard to pin down. Being in places that remind me of things that happened to me that were bad. So places, sounds, intrusive thoughts from memories. I avoid most of these but can't always do so.
Ack I meant this to be a response to another thread, oops! It got misplaced, sorry. Am not used to how these boards work.
thank you for sharing that it takes alot of courage to identify our triggers