PTSD / Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Community
Stress related Seizures?
About This Community:

This community is for discussions relating to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Please note, this community is not monitored by professionals, rather questions will be answered by other members of the community.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Stress related Seizures?

Hello, It all started about 2 weeks ago.  My Sister started having what the doctors say were localized seizures in her left hand/ arm.  The C-Scan came back good and her blood work only showed low potassium (3.1). Also, I almost forgot to mention, her Blood Pressure was 218/106 and pulse was 120ish.  So the ER doctor gave her potassium pills and muscle relaxer, which seemed to calm everything down.  Well 5 days later, she had her first full blown Grand Mal Seizure lasting over 6 mins.  After arriving at the ER, she had her second Grand Mal seizure lasting about the same time.  They did an C-Scan again and yet again, it came back clear.  The next day she had an EEG and MRI done, and both of those came back clear.  So finding nothing wrong the Neruo doctors, sent her home and proscribed her Carbamazepine (Tegretol).  

With that said, could those seizures have been caused by stress?  Some of the other theories we have included lack of oxygen to the brain, kidneys, calcium deficiency.  My family and I are just in all trying to figure out what is going on with my sister.

Thanks and God Bless
Marcus