Stress related Seizures?
Hello, It all started about 2 weeks ago.  My Sister started having what the doctors say were localized seizures in her left hand/ arm.  The C-Scan came back good and her blood work only showed low potassium (3.1). Also, I almost forgot to mention, her Blood Pressure was 218/106 and pulse was 120ish.  So the ER doctor gave her potassium pills and muscle relaxer, which seemed to calm everything down.  Well 5 days later, she had her first full blown Grand Mal Seizure lasting over 6 mins.  After arriving at the ER, she had her second Grand Mal seizure lasting about the same time.  They did an C-Scan again and yet again, it came back clear.  The next day she had an EEG and MRI done, and both of those came back clear.  So finding nothing wrong the Neruo doctors, sent her home and proscribed her Carbamazepine (Tegretol).  

With that said, could those seizures have been caused by stress?  Some of the other theories we have included lack of oxygen to the brain, kidneys, calcium deficiency.  My family and I are just in all trying to figure out what is going on with my sister.

Thanks and God Bless
Marcus    
Hi Marcus you sound like a pretty caring brother,Has she had a lot of stress recently? I do believe that stress can make us Physically ill..You may get answers here from others but it may also be of benefit if you put this into the Expert/Doctor Forum, Neurology Forum Good luck to you.