PTSD / Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Community
Very tired and feel weird

This community is for discussions relating to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Please note, this community is not monitored by professionals, rather questions will be answered by other members of the community.

Very tired and feel weird

I am not sure where to post this, but this seems like the best place. Two days ago i had a very traumatic experience that involved 3 guys getting pinned by a truck. My adrenaline shot through the roof and i tried to lift it off...long story short it didnt work but we were able to get it off and nobody was seriously injured. Now i am very tired and just feel strange, i have no insurance so going to the doc's is out of the question. I have been dealing with anxiety and panic attack for a while, and now i am not sure if this is making it worse. im still very sore all over from trying to lift the truck also. Any advise would be great.
It is probably some shock to your system ,any trauma can effect us, mentally and Physically, the tiredness you feel is normal after such a trauma, also coming down from an adreneline experience can have the same effect, soldiers find it very hard to adjust to normal lives when they come out of the combat zone, as they are used to feeling that Buzz of adreneline, just give your self some time, you say you have been dealing with panic and anxiety for a while have you been on any meds for this taken any advice how to deal with it? That is as you say maybe taking its toll also. Good luck let us know how you are doing .
yeah i started to get panic attacks about a year after my dad died..i went overboard at a party and had a huge one. im not on meds now but i was on paxil for a bit. i lost my insurance so i took myself of them. i feel like my life is ending at 23...
Its not ending its begining, you just have to get a handle on it, there are ways to deal with panic and anxiety, it doesnt have to be the med way although sometimes it is understandable that folks need to take something when it is excessive help they need.You may want to check out how you are with your Doctor, there are many books that are helpful, my own recipe for dealing with panic goes like this..I believe that it is our thoughts that make us feel bad, try this ...say you are out somewhere like a store(for some reason stores are a favorite place for panic attacks to Lurk) .now you always feel that feeling creeping up, those rotten negative 'feelings start to surface when we feel some fear, immediatly you feel that focus on something, make a cellphone call, check out the labels on the cans speak to an assistant, take your self away from the thought that has made you feel anxious, ground yourself, say " I am okay nothing is happening " I will be okay soon' Make your self stay in the store carry on shopping or doing whatever you wre doing, switch off. I know it sounds too simple thats because it is, you can form a habit of doing this each time and when you are feeling anxious, its impossible to experience any negative feeling without first creating a negative corresponding thought, the truth is our thinking will always create the reality we perceive.  You have nothing to loose but try this out and see what happens, it will take a few times but persevere .Good Luck