PTSD / Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Community
What are some treatments?

This community is for discussions relating to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Please note, this community is not monitored by professionals, rather questions will be answered by other members of the community.

What are some treatments?

What are some treatments for PTSD?
Hi Nicki

Welcome aboard....Many new avenues of recovery are being talked about in the news lately. Even the US Government is saying that they think Meditation and Talking Therapy is the best way to go for any treatment.

I am not a doctor or do not use any medication for my PTSD, and have found much relief in Meditation and Writing here at Med Help.

PTSD is the big gift that just keeps on giving, the more a person who has PTSD delves into their psyche or soul or heart, more is revealed to the person as they continue their recovery....

Wishing you the very best that Life has to offer you.

Good luck

M
the doctors use anti-depressants to treat PTSD i never liked that til i found zoloft i take it for anxiety and trazadone at night for depression :)
Cognitive Therapy, self help and some form of an anti depressant I would think if you were depressed.

Right now I go to a therapist and I am on cymbalta for the anxiety and dep.
Hi ticked....How are you doing with your therapy and your recovery.  Very very few people on here anymore and your answer is wonderful....

Hope to hear from you soon where we might talk about what is working and worked for you and your recovery...

Blessings to you

M
Thank you MyYoungheart :) Missed seeing you. It has been so crazy busy and yes my therapy and recovery is coming along well. I went through some crazy times when things started to come out but I am feeling so much better. My doctor tried to up my meds but I couldnt handle it. I just need them for now to keep level and try to understand what happened to me and deal with it and move on and hopefully come off them.

I have a deep sense of joy and happiness and I am starting to break through the barrier/wall I have put up around me. I do feel like I am growing.

Send me a private message any time to talk I am always on LOL.

best wishes ticked
Thank you Drifter it has been a long journey for me. I have really gone through hell and back and I really am starting to feel free. I never thought that I could get to this point in my life ever.
I have moved and I have avoided the whole treatment thing because of many reasons.  One being having to talk about my most hurtful and stressful issues. Where I live now I can't get an appointment till July 28 at the closest place and July at a further place. They take walk-ins but you have to get there at like 7 am and it's a first come first serve kind of thing. So as you can see this could be a lengthy process. I know I need to be seen and my meds need to be tweaked I have been here since October and have not seen theorist in over a year now