can therapy make ptsd worse
I am wondering what can I do I'm in therapy for PTSD and Ive recently been place on meds. but everytime I come from therapy I feel more depressed, I'm not sleeping and when I do I have nightmares and im also reliving my accident over and over when im awake. I spoke with my therapist and told her that I didnt think this form of therapy was working for me and she just advised me to continue with it.
it is your right as a patient to question this to your therapist sometimes different therapies can be used i don't believe in emdr cuz you think about your traumas i disagree with this cuz you are basically fighting against your demons of something you are naturally trying to avoid these 'thoughts' kinda of like going against the grain there i have heard it work on some people NOT ME! hope this helps ok :)
Yes it does help thank you soo much.
I had 2 years of psychotherapy where all I did was cry everyday.....The sadness of the incident that caused the PTSD was too much for me to handle and I quit therapy but not all therapy....I joined a womans group, and was amazed to find out that my reactions were quite normal for someone suffering from unresolved PTSD.  We used art almost every week to tell each other in the group how we were feeling and some of the art work was simply deep and wonderful.....

Please tell your therapist what you are going through.  There are alot of
different medications and maybe just an adjustment is needed...