PTSD / Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Community
dreams

This community is for discussions relating to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Please note, this community is not monitored by professionals, rather questions will be answered by other members of the community.

dreams

i am having the same weird dream over and over again i take prazosin to curb nightmares by reducing my blood pressure at night does anyone have this lately?
This medication has shown to be effective in treating severe nightmares in children and people with PTSD symptoms. Veterans have also been treated successfully at Seattle's VA Puget Sound Health Care System (VAPSHCS) for sleep disturbance related to PTSD. Doses are lower for this purpose than for control of blood pressure.

Side effects of prazosin include dreaming while awake or hallucinations of wakefulness while falling asleep on the medication.

This info is from WIKIPedia Drifter.....I am not a doctor, but maybe a
talk with your doctor and an adjustment in your medication might be beneficial.....

Wishing you the very best of luck

M
i dream i own and operate a hotel and it's hard work

Wishing you the very best of luck

M
thank you M for your response i did get my dose adjusted in mid-dec. maybe i need to adjust LOL !
You are so welcome, I too was surprised to read the symptoms of this particular medication....Hope you are on the way to full health soon...

M