PTSD / Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Community
help

This community is for discussions relating to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Please note, this community is not monitored by professionals, rather questions will be answered by other members of the community.

help

I survived an electrical trauma accident years ago, I had the ptsd under control until I lived through an abusive relationship, I walked away over 3 years ago, but the "x" has put me through a lot to this day, I find myself reliving every bad thing that has happened to me, I am losing sense of who I am, I need support from someone who knows, I have tried to seek help but having a hard time without people seeing me as nuts. I am not nuts, I am lost!
i understand that feeling of no one understanding what i went through believe me you are not alone i was nearly killed in combat i suffered head injuries stabbed shot in the shoulder and my hand was runned over by a truck and other injuries i started to get flashbacks & nightmares  i became suicidal and seven failed attempts i realized much later that god has a plan for me
Of course you are not nuts ...I went through several months of PTSD and came out of it, at my worst I have major panic attacks ..I know my over thinking was making me feel bad ...try to switch off each time those negative thoughts stick in your head ..
I found that I too thought that my PTSD was under control until a stressful incident would happen and then everything I had thought I worked through
came crashing back and even worse.

I believe that PTSD is a disorder that does not go away, it patiently waits to remind you what you should be working on in your recovery....

My best wishes to you

M