PTSD / Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Community
how active is this forum?

This community is for discussions relating to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Please note, this community is not monitored by professionals, rather questions will be answered by other members of the community.

how active is this forum?

I really need some supportive people to talk to that can for once relate in some way or another. I have PTSD from a mentally, physically, emotionally, ansexually abusive step-father. I have anxiety and depression and it seems like while I can care less about some things, my OCD kicked into high gear with other things. I already talk to a therapist every other week, but she hasn't been a great help. Lately my chest has been tightening more often and now it kind of feels like something jumps in my throat and my OB( I'm pregnant) is considering me going to a specialist to rule out a heart problem. Im to my breaking point and just need some people that actually understand me to talk to
you came to the right web-site for support i have PTSD from combat and i met alot of people here im sorry about your childhood drop me a note ok
Marajean21,

I ,too, am Bi-polar brought on by PTSD. My father was a very physically and verbally abusive man who would beat on me and my Mom a lot. I was a young kid of six when this began and it wasn't until i was eight years old that I was removed from the home and placed in foster care. I understand completely the whole PTSD deal and would like to  be a supportive person in helping you to deal with your PTSD . Add me to your friend list.
This group is as active as you want it to be.  I bet if you post, people will reply.  I also think you can find a great deal of support here.  I sure did!
I have just been diagnosed with PTSD, I think I have probably had this all of my life starting from my childhood. My family which was large was completely dysfunctional I never had any friends at school and severely bullied.I never celebrated a birthday growing up or Christmas or anything. I never felt like my mother cared for me and often thought I was not hers . There were many times that she would do special things for other siblings but never for me. She always made me feel like I was too emotional and lacking social intelligence. I have decided to cut all ties with people who have contributed to our I am today, I simply want nothing to do with them. As well as other people in my life my siblings have also done unjustifiable things to me and now that I am almost fifty I think it's about time I got rid of this toxicity in my life
Are you in or seeking the help of a therapist?  If not, I highly recommend it.  There are numerous programs available that help with the cost of doing so, and it is so important that you properly put these things behind you.  Pretending they no longer exist is not handling the problem.
Wow I didn't even realize anyone commented:/ I wanna believe I've been feeling better but know I'm really just trying to fool myself. I wish I wasn't so big so I could just walk until I'm half dead. That's how I'd usually feel somewhat better..and I know it's affecting my relationship. I've tried to open up with what I could but apparently if someone doesn't go through it, they just can't understand. And they expect you to feel better after opening up but how can I if that person comes off as having no sympathy?

I'm feeling even worse as I mother because I worked so hard to get my boys to where they are and now I can barely focus long enough ro play for 1 0mins a day, I stopped reading to them, and quit working on school readiness crap that's pointless anyways because when my oldest was in preschool, they treated him like a baby so he forgot a lot. I just don't have the energy and now with 2 on the way, I feel like garbage for not wanting them in the first place but now I'm just like eh, whatever..what's 2 more ..