PTSD / Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Community
how to deal with this

This community is for discussions relating to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Please note, this community is not monitored by professionals, rather questions will be answered by other members of the community.

how to deal with this

Hi. I was recently diagnosed with PTSD from several things that happened to me between the ages of 12-17. Im 22 now. I now have a husband a daughter a son and a step daughter. I have real bad anxiety and i have depression all linking with the PTSD. I was put on meds but I dont feel that they were working so i stopped taking them. Im constantly snapping at my children and my husband. I constantly feel like im worthless and that my husband should find someone new that hasnt been through what i have. I would like to know what are some things that yall do to control your PTSD and symptoms of it as well as anxiety and depression....i need some help.
try to see a doctor soon ptsd treatment should include an anti depressant and sometimes something stronger everyone responds differrently to pills and my therapist told me to exercise more :)
I'd suggest a couple of things.  First off, it probably isn't a good idea to start a med under the guidance of a physician and then drop them without doing so with that physicians assistance.  Some meds take a while to build up in the system, some are slower to work than others.

Secondly, have you seen a therapist regarding your PTSD and what happened to you earlier in life?  There is no magic pill that will erase what happened to you earlier in life.  You have to get to the root of the problem and a mental health professional is best suited to help you get that done.

I commend you for knowing that there is a problem.  That is a big first step.  Following up and getting help is necessary.

Good luck.
Yes keep in close contact with your Dr. letting them know what is working and whats not. Each person reacts differently thus the reason for the importance of being honest and as open with your Dr. as you can. The drugs do not work right away it can take up to two weeks before you start to notice any change. I have been dealing with PTSD for over three years and suffered with it for over 30 years.
Don't give up Your still young and the earlier you deal with it the better the out come.
Hi there,

I would like to give you some info about Talking2Minds, which is a charity with a unique approach established with the sole purpose of helping those suffering from PTSD or other severe stress related conditions.

Talking2Minds was established by people who have suffered from PTSD and been through the Talking2Minds therapeutic process in order to help other back to health. Because all their team have personal experience of PTSD and other severe stress related conditions, they have an unique understanding of what the clients are going through and are able to create a strong rapport with them.

Please have a look at just a few of their case studies, videos and interviews to see how they have successfully helped people overcome PTSD and severe stress related conditions with their unique program.  All case studies are written in the delegates own words.

Good luck,
Roxana