PTSD / Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Community
lightheadedness

This community is for discussions relating to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Please note, this community is not monitored by professionals, rather questions will be answered by other members of the community.

lightheadedness

Lightheadedness, numbness of hands and feet, cold feeling, part of PTSD?
If I'm not mistaken, these can be symptoms of anxiety which PTSD can possibly cause.  You would have to have quite a few other symptoms before a doctor would suspect PTSD in you.  You should maybe see a doctor and get things ruled out first.
anxiety
ive been to a psychiatrist and he told me its PTSD, my mom passed away three months ago, but its only now that im experiencing all the stress and anxiety. im having nightmares and i always cry in the middle of the night everytime i think of how i took care of her...and when i wake up in the morning, my heart is pounding so fast, my hands are sweating and feel so cold...i dont know how long would this feeling go away, maybe as long as im taking the prescribed meds would then il be okay......
I learned from here you can possibly over come PTSD with the proper therapy.  My psychiatrist told me my meds for my schizophrenia also treat my PTSD where I won't be having flashbacks so yes that is a good idea to take prescribed meds for it so you aren't going through flashbacks or some other BS PTSD can cause while you're trying to recover from the trauma.  Of course they won't make it go away entirely but it goes away enough where you can function if you've found the right medication.  It's amazing how much the human mind can do.