PTSD / Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Community
way with kids.

This community is for discussions relating to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Please note, this community is not monitored by professionals, rather questions will be answered by other members of the community.

way with kids.

5222892?1262333321
I have this thing with my kids hanging on my neck. it makes me want to scream and run I don't I would never hurt there feelings but I do do quick hugs and rush it. This always made me feel like the worse mother in the world because I know they are just trying to love on me. But I resently read that people with PTSD have this problem. Has any one ealse had this problem or something like it? I would like to have any input you have to offer. Thank you so much for takeing time to read this.
Something similar happened to me , my middle daughter was always hanging onto my skirt, and when we sat down she had her arms round my back, I would shrug her off from irritation , one day it stopped ,she never was that close again ,I have always remembered it and realised what I had done ..so I think you accept it as a way of loving and know that one day when they are older it will stop then you will miss it, just dont be irritated remember it doesnt last for ever .,I dont think PTSD has anything to do with it but hey anything is possible ..
I know I would miss it. Thats why I always let them know its me not them. They know sometimes they just can not hang on me. It just makes me feel bad that I am that way. I do make sure to give them lots of huggs and kisses. They know they are love at least I hope they do. Thank you for the info.